Jr. High Math
Welcome to the St. George Jr. High Math Program. Math classes will meet 3 days a week, with a goal to complete 1 - 2 lessons per class.
6th grade will focus on the fundamentals of Algebra (Pre-Algebra)
7th grade will focus on Algebra 1 concepts
8th grade will focus on reviewing concepts from Algebra 1 with an introduction to various Geometry concepts
I look forward to working with both you and your student for a successful 2017-2018 school year.
- Your students will be mathematically proficient.
- Relate math to everyday situations.
- Work Hard
- Follow Instructions
- Ask Questions!!
- Show your Work
- Write neatly and organized. If I cannot read it you will not receive a grade.
- If you don’t understand something, be patient we just have to try learning it another way.
- Have fun with Math in order to enjoy it!
- Relate Math to your everyday life.
- Formal: Test, Quiz, Projects, & Accelerated Math (Exercise & Diagnostic)
- Informal: Homework, Classwork, Observation, Participation, Exit Ticket, & Accelerated Math Practice
* The Jr. High Math classes follows the rules set by the Junior High Level in regards to behavior, ZAP Program and any other situations that may arise*